Sunday, September 5, 2010

July 4-July 10

It hasn't stopped raining yet, but it does seem to be slowing down somewhat. It's interesting being here. We forget what the dates really are. I mean, today is July 4. It is such a big thing in the U.S. but nothing here. That is to be understood.
We had a 4th of July party at the President's home today. We had hamburgers, etc. and then played games until 11:00 at night. I'm glad we were able to do something for the 4th. I know that September 15th and 16th will be a great celebration here since it is their 200th Independence day.
I forgot to mention that we have miracles happening all around us during these trying times of the huricane. Last week our electricity went off on Thursday night. Just as the electricity came back on Friday, our water went off. We were carrying rain water from the mission office home to run the toilet. Sponge baths in cold water are not as good as some might think. Sometime Sunday night the water came back on. We now have running water. There is great wisdom and inspiration in what the leaders of the church have been counseling us for years to do-to have a year's supply of everything. It was amazing how quickly everything, including water disappeared off store shelves. We were at Costco. One moment they had hundreds of cases of bottled water, and withing 15 minutes it was gone.
We need to follow our leaders.
Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment