Sunday, September 5, 2010

June 20-26, 2010

Hi Everyone,
I made a slight mistake the last time I wrote. It was supossed to be for the week of Junne 6 throught the 13th. I wrote from May 31 through the 6th. Well, that's ok because you will get Mom's perspective in addition to mine for that week.
Today, which is stll September, I'm going to include the week of June 6-13 and June 20-27, hopefully.
Again just some highlights. As I read in the Book of Mormon, I learned something that has helped me understand some more of my relationahip with Heavenly Father. In Moroni chapter 6 vx. 8 it says that as many times as you repent and ask forgiveness with a sincere heart and real intent he will forgive you. This is important to me because I have thougbt for years that if you ask forgiveness for some weakness, you can never commit that sin again and be forgiven. It's not so. The understands his children and their nature. I so thankful for that. I do know that God knows me and understands me. I have always known that and known that he is watching over me because he loves me.
I was also reading in Moroni chapter 9. It is Mormon's advice to his son, Moroni. Mormon is a father wanting to see his son but unable to. Yet he knows his sone will live as he should and be a partaker of eternal life. That's how I feel. I know that all 14 of our children will and are living good lives and will be with us in eternity. I couldn't have been blessed with a wife better throughout the eternities than Linda. Nor coujld I hacve selected sons and daughters more rightous and deserving of Christ's blesssings than the ones we have.
Elder Kioa left to work in Muzquiz. He has been a wonderful friend and missionary here in the office. We will miss him but know he is anxiously engaged in the Lord's work as a proselyting missionary.
The Open house was Saturday. We had a lot of people there, but no children came to sing the song Mom translated. Mostly adults were there. The heads of the auxiliaries came half an hour before wondering what they were supposed to do. Mom had tried to get the bishop to have a meeting with them to explain what was expected. It didn't happen, but it was a nice word activity. There were some nonmembers there. A lot of popcorn and suckers were consumed.
Elder Nufer has replaced Elder Kioa as materiales secretary and elder Gudino has replaced Elder Garcia as Executive secretary. These are both wonderful young missionaries who are full of the Spirit. Elder Nufer is almost an opposite of Elder Kioa. He is quiet, but very resourceful. He wants to organize things so he can be more productive. Elder Gudino is a little different. He is a spiritual giant one moment and a little child another moment. He is a lot of fun, however. I believe that Mom and I have adoped Elder Gudino. He always calls Mom, Mom. He always comes in to ask advice and seems to want to listen to the answers he is given. He is an only child, adopted at that. He joined the church on his home and his parents said he couldn't do it, but he did it any way. They said if he went on a mission, he wouldn't have a home when he finished. He chose to go on a missionl. They have not written him yet as a missionary. He feels bad when other missionaries are receiving mail and he has none. So I write him emails and will do more of it in the future as he leave the office in a few months.
Elder Flores is the new assistant. He is a wonderful young man who is always smiling. He has a very gentle spirit about him but the Spirit that he carries is very strong. He will come in and sit to ask about English. I explain what he wants to know.
This is a wonderful part of the Lord's vineyard.
Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment